Wednesday 9 September 2009

Unit 2: Pre-production techniques

Understand requirements for production

Resources:
I considered the use of resources in unit 22 multi camera drama when I had to take into consideration what equipment would be needed for the Friday World production.

Codes of practice and regulations:
Throughout the unit I had to consider the codes and regulations set in the media, these include health and safety rules and the regulation of bodies such as OFCOM. I considered these in various taks when I completed the relevant health and safety paperwork to made sure I was within the correct boundries to keep my productions as safe as possible. I also found out more about medis legislation in TV advertising task 10.

Be able to obtain resources for production

Equipment:

Our main use of equipment was in units 21 and 22 when we had to gain an understanding of what equipment was needed to make a drama, these included mics, cameras, tripods and lighting. An example of doing this is in unit 22 when we had to set out what equipment we needed to produce Friday World.

Personnel:
This was done in unit 22 when we had to set out in our group what role they were going to play in our Friday World production. Roles such as presenters, editors and camera operators were needed in this production.

Materials:
A script was produced in unit 22 to enable our group to get a clear idea of what was happening in our production. It also gave us the opportunity to decide where to place different audio pieces and clips.

Be able to apply production logistics

Planning Schedule:
In unit 21 task 10 I produced a production schedule to enable us to stick to a time limit and stay on track. It also helped us to make sure everything was completed.

Documentation:
In unit 21 a production schedule was commpleted, also a script was set out, this enabled me to cleary document the on going production I was completing. A script was also completed in unit 22.

Planning logistics for production:
A detailed plan for our Friday World production was set out to make sure that the group knew exactly what they were doing and what we wanted to acheive.

1 comment: